Monday, April 11, 2011

Artiscape - Outsider Art Fair...and beyond!!


Hello to all my blogging friends - it's looking like spring has sprung (these aren't my tulips though - just a picture I took at Kingwood Center in Mansfield a few years ago...but you get the idea!)!

Hope your week is starting off well (it's 68 degrees right now in Central Ohio...so that's a good thing, and of course it's about time for one of those old fashioned April showers to roll in...). The birds were singing this morning, and I just had to open a window while I got ready for work - spring, isn't it grand?  And, it'll be a short month, and we'll be seeing our sweet little hummingbird friends - by Mothers' Day at least (my feeders will be ready and waiting!).  I've got daffodils in bloom right now - it's a start!!!  (Can you tell I'm just a little excited to see some hopeful signs of a warmer season???)

Anyway, I've been busy creating all kinds of junk - jewelry, collages, button bokays, and other random pieces of "junk" treasures.  Terri and I will be in downtown Columbus, Ohio this weekend at Artiscape - to be exact...the Outsider Art Fair - on Sunday, April 17th.  Here is the link to get all the details:  Artiscape

Here is their description :

Outsider Art Fair ~ Topiary Garden Gatehouse - This event is free & open to the public

SUNDAY 11-5:00 ~ Be inspired by beautiful creations in jewelry, paper, book arts, glass, metal and more! On Sunday, visit this boutique show of finished art- a big hit with attendees last year! Beautiful creations in jewelry, paper, book arts, mixed media, fiber and more will be on display to inspire and tempt you. Visit with the artists and purchase a handcrafted item as a memento of this special weekend. This event is free and open to the public.

 We participated in the show last year, and had an awesome time, selling our "junk" and making new friends (that's always the bonus).  There were some very talented artists displaying their creative wares - it was so inspiring!  There are other things going on over the weekend as well - it's an artist's retreat, with workshops and lots of other activities to feed a creative mind.   

I wanted to share just a few pictures of what we're bringing...everything is "hot off the press" so to speak...new creations from my basement workshop...as well as from Terri's loft!
  
A couple of my necklaces;
 the one on the right is an old rhinestone buckle and a sweet bakelite rose in the center.

Spoon jewelry - snippets of this and that.  I really need to find a better way to flatten spoons - sooner or later my hubby is going to see the places on the floor in the basement where I've "hammered"... ;)

A Parisian beauty through the keyhole...

I really don't throw too much away...you can tell, right??

Terri made these - aren't they fabulously wonderful??

And, she made this one too - it's dripping in vintage silvery bling!

A collection in gold...with just the right amount of sweetness!

And if the silver version wasn't enough...the gold piece is "oh my gosh" divine!

I had some pieces of old painted wood, that could have been thrown out...
but oh no ya don't - doesn't this just sing to you???

And a little more...scrabble letters, etc...

And for the cultured junker...a little French!

I've got loads of vintage goodies all bottled up here!!

And, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't show up with a few button bokays...
(ok...15, but who's counting?

And, yes...we still have some clock parts in our stash (but we're about at the end of it I'm afraid...),
so, we've got some jars to sell to fellow junkers/artists!

I've got some leftover jewelry and junk, so thought I'd share...for a price of course! ;)

This is just a preview...  We've got so much more (actually over 130 pieces of jewelry - we're so outta control!), and also some embellished shirts and jackets, and more...........................  If you're in the area, please stop in - we'd love to see you, and of course we'd love to have you take a little something home with you as well!! 

(And also can't wait to spend some time with one of our Columbus junking friends, Ellen...and maybe Ericka too???   We'll be heading to the Scott Antique Market on Saturday to find a few little treasures...you can never have too many!  So, lots of girl fun coming up!!)

OK...one of my "things" is to pick out the perfect "something" to wear for a show...and I had mine put together about a month ago (a cute little black denim jumper...from the VOA Thrift Store, the sweetest lace top...from a resale shop in Columbus, and leggings - and of course just the right "layers" of jewelry too)...  Yes, I'm a little OCD, but that's half the fun.  (Terri thinks I'm just a bit crazy, but she loves me anyway!!)  Now, Terri dear...have you got your "outfit" picked out??? hmmmm.......?

Have a happy spring week - and be sure to stop and look at the flowers "a bloomin"!!

Hugs, Kathy

P.S.  We'll be at the Springfield Extravaganza next...May 20th - 22nd - can't wait!!! 

P.S.S.  In June, we'll be having our Second Annual Vintage Market Day (Saturday, June 25th), and we've got a location...the beautiful historic Susan Sturges House in Mansfield...  Isn't it amazing??  Ten rooms of vintage and antique fun...we'll have a few new vendors too - be sure to mark your calendar!!!  More details coming...so, stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. My, you've been busy! And everything is so, so pretty! I know you'll do well. Surely everyone will be swarming your goods. How can they not? Yummmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with all of your creations. Love the pendants and the spoon necklaces are just the best I've seen. Hats off to your friend.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your creations. So much inspiration
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a lot of wonderful treasures to market, I bet you do very well, love your creations, this is my first time here, and I am now your newest follower. Hugs from Diane in California

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!