Monday, September 14, 2009

Just a few more days...SPRINGFIELD EXTRAVAGANZA!!!


Well...I can't believe it, but it's almost here (just around the corner, you might say) - our favorite show ever...the SPRINGFIELD EXTRAVAGANZA. This fleamarket and antique show is one of the largest in the midwest - and, in May and September over 2000 vendors gather to sell their wares - from garage sale finds to fine antiques - and LOTS of stuff in between.


Nostalgia's Cottage (that's me and Terri!) will be in our usual spot - with some awesome stuff. We've been shopping/collecting/repurposing/painting...etc., etc. all summer long - AND, we've got a bit of a new look too. I'll show you "some" pics of what you'll find!



Anyway...first the details:

Who: All lovers of junk and antiques

When: September 18-20, 2009 (here's the website to get hours, directions, etc...) http://www.springfieldantiqueshow.com/

Where: Clark County Fairgrounds, Springfield, Ohio

Why: ...just purely the love of the hunt!!!

Where we'll be: spaces 828 & 851 - near the Mercantile Building (if you send me your email address, I can send you a map showing exactly where we're located)

And here's some of the great stuff we'll be selling:

A fabulous child's wardrobe..

A very sweet Victorian plant stand (it has porcelain wheels)

Here's a sofa table that we made from pieces and parts of a larger (very broken down) farm table - so, now we have two sofa tables...very cool, don't ya think?


A corner curio stand
An old radio cabinet...turned curio cabinet...
A great French Provincial vanity (the top flips open to reveal storage and a mirror)
A couple chairs (notice the one on the right isn't painted...it had a wonderful worn patina that didn't want to be covered up)!
OK - here's the most fabulous chair ever (we think so anyway...) - We covered this (and another one) with vintage linens, lace, buttons, etc...for your shabby delight!!!

And...here's the back side

Here are samples of some of Terri's fabulous jewelry pieces - mixing vintage and new - creating one of a kind treasures! (the pics are from a previous show - everything will be new for Springfield) A sample of the button bokays I've made...
Collage by Terri
Here are a few I've made
A close up peek...A paperweight filled with vintage buttons
Here are some lamps I've "redecorated"
Some beautiful flow blue dishware
A scale...everybody loves a scale!!

Yep, we've got clocks too...
A typewriter or two...
Enamelware


Well...that's all folks...well maybe not quite all - there are silver platters, mirrors, wire cloches, and SO MUCH MORE!- we've actually got our trailer packed to the brim, and plan on packing up another vehicle before it's over (we just got a new batch of stuff over the weekend...).


And don't forget the wonderful diner dishes from my prior post...they're waiting for a party!!!


So far the weather report is showing us beautiful early fall weather - another reason to get out and shop the Extravaganza...and did I mention we've got the BEST fair food ever??? Enough said! Hope you can make it!



Bye for now!
Kathy & Terri



P.S. I'm really hoping to meet some of my blogging friends, as well as members of JUNKMARKET Style!!

OK...I'm going, really - there are still last minute things to finish...



Hugs!

18 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhh looks like I will be doing a lot of looking! See ya there,Kathy.
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, beans! Wish I could be there ... looks like great finds & fun. Make lots of money & enjoy.

    Pop over to meet my friend & new blogger ~ shabbycottageshoppe.blogspot.com

    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, everything looks so great! I love all our stuff. I'd love to be there, but I'm busy this weekend. I'm going to try to make it to the May event. Hope you and Terri have a fun and successful weekend.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two have some awesome offerings and I'm sure you'll do fabulous at this event. I hope you sell out!
    Lots of cool and fun stuff. You gals are very talented and come up with unique and fun stuff each sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful sale! Your stuff is Fabulous with a capital "F"!!!! Have a great week *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to hear that you'll be at the Extravaganza. It's my favorite event of the year. It's going to be a great weekend..... The Country Living Fair (in Columbus) and the flea market. I couldn't be more excited!
    I'll stop by and say hello. Good luck with your sale!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, It looks so good. You and Terri have been a working! Good luck...........sorry I am not in the area.
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the radio cabinet! If I lived anywhere close, that baby would be mine, MINE I tell ya! ;-)
    I also love your mixed media creations. I'm really itching to get into this, any tips on where to start?
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I plan on being there Friday or Saturday or possibly both!! I'll stop by and meet you!!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, I told my friend Ann (Green Oak Antiques from Rochester, Indiana) to look you up at the flea market. If you are close enough, you should plan a trip to her store sometime. I would love to go there! They have EVERYTHING!! They have a web site www.greenoakantiques.com and she also has a blog.

    Good luck at the flea!! Your stuff is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for all the kind comments! I think we have some great stuff - and lots of unique items for this show - can't wait to get set up!!

    Sue, Stephanie and Becca - can't wait to meet you! Sue...I feel like we're friends already! :)

    Marge - hope to meet Ann from Green Oak Antiques - I've visited her website - what a great place - may have to make a road trip!

    Anne - my friend Terri & I like to use old boxes, and just collections of "little things" that spark our interest or heart at the moment... I usually use E6000 and a hot glue gun to put things in place - you can decoupage paper on too... There are lots of people doing collage work - and the Somerset magazine/books are great resources for inspiration too.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh golly Kathy...you American girls have ALL THE FUN!!! I am overwhelmed looking at all the fabulous treasures you guys have been working on. Best of luck----I KNOW you'll do great.
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment.
    Marydon has been a tremendous help getting me started, in fact it was her idea. I still have lots to learn but am loving it so far! You love the same style I do! Cottage/Beachy/Shabby Chic ~ is my favorite too!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, how I wish I lived there so I could attend!!! Florida is a bit far to take a leasurely trip though. (sigh) Loving your blog!

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie!

    Ya'll have a safe trip and a GREAT sale! I am headin' to the fields of Round Top & Warrenton....so here's to "lovin junkin'! xo...deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you all could have been there - it was an awesome show!!! Beautiful fall weather and record-setting crowds - yippee!

    Thanks for your comments - and for visiting! Will be posting some pics from the show, but we were so busy I barely had time...(that's a good thing though!).

    Deb - wishing you big success at Roundtop/Warrenton - that's one of my dream places to visit/shop!!

    Take care, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathy, sorry I was a little slow in posting good wishes for you! I guess I was a little busy so the blogging fell by the wayside. Hope you had an amazing show and sold lots and lots and lots!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    Great post, you have got some really nice period furniture. Loving the old Enamelware.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!