Thursday, September 24, 2009

Honest Scrap Award!

Hey - lookie what I got - Jane over at Finding Fabulous gave me this fun award - and now I get to pass it on...! :) She's my kind of blogger - thrifty AND creative - a perfect mix...being thrifty definitely tends to bring out the creativity in a person - be sure to stop by and tell her hi!


Here are the rules that must be followed upon receiving this award: 1) Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award. 2) Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself. 3) Present this award to 7 other blogs who you find wonderful and inspiring. 4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded the HONEST SCRAP award and inform them of these guidelines.

Okie dokie...here are 10 things about me....


1. My husband (the love of my life) and I - have been married for 31 years.

2. My daughter is the most beautiful person - inside and out (and she's creative too)!

3. I'm a contributor for JUNKMARKET Style - junkmarketstyle.com

4. I worked in a candy factory after high school...sorting "dum-dum" suckers (no comments please...).

5. I have more than one best friend! (and I treasure each one)

6. One of my brothers is a lead singer in a rock band. (and he ROCKS)

7. I have been a junker my whole life...and wish it was my "day job" - I'd have plenty of time to "shop" then!

8. I have never been on a cruise. (one of these days...)

9. My second grade teacher called me "Chatty Cathy"...

10. I am so thankful for the life the Lord has given me - my family, friends and a whole lot of great junk!

Now, for some very deserving blogs...

1. Candy at Junk Sophisticate
2. Sue at Sullivan & Murphy
3. Gretchen at Mimi-Toria's Designs
4. Kennesha at Me and My House
5. JunkerMidge at Having Fun With Junk (and life in general)
6. Janis at junkdreams
7. Rachel at chippycottagecharmhouse

***
Please visit these wonderful blogs - they're all friends, members and/or contributors at JUNKMARKET Style - and are so very inspiring!! They can take a piece of scrap/junk and see the possibilities (and in their own unique style), create something wonderful -or decorate using something in an unexpected way!
***
So they have been gifted with this award! I love them all!
***
Have a great week...next I'll be posting on our show at the Springfield (Ohio) Extravaganza - I've got so many great pics of our space and other great things we saw over the weekend - please stop back!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, thanks for the award! I'm very flattered. I'll get right on that and I'll be sure to check out the blogs you awarded. YIPPEE SKIPPEE!
    Midge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!