Here is all the important JUNK:
When: Saturday, June 25th – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (ONE DAY ONLY) Be there early for a place in line!
Where: The historic Susan Sturges House located at 317 Park Avenue West, in sunny Mansfield, Ohio
Click HERE and you’ll see the map!
You won’t miss it – we’ll have signs here and there – and, balloons to mark the spot!!! There is lots of parking (just down the alley) behind the house (in the parking lot of Rex Gilbert Auto Electric)…
We’re so excited – we’ve been collecting (aka temporarily hoarding) lots of great vintage things to sell (our storage unit runneth over!!). Terri and I will have our redesigned vintage jewelry, some trash-to-treasure designs for your home and garden, furniture and more. We’ll also have some “junk” outside as well (you know…the things that you buy and say, “I’ll figure out something to do with that”…it’s that kind of stuff) – with some bargain prices. AND on top of that…I’m doing some “housecleaning” myself, and will be parting with some treasures (i.e., a collection of vintage jewelry), furniture, etc. - as well as some “junk” from my basement – for you to turn into something fabulous!
Unique garden decor (love the old baby buggy filled with posies - and the sweet “pinkish” scooter)
And see what I made from an old Hoosier pull-out??? Message central – to get you organized, or just for fun! (the “junk” chalk tray is also a piece of the harvested garden chair – with a perfect “ledge” for chalk to rest…)
We’ve got 12+ vendors, with such a wide variety of goodies, there will be “something” for everyone (I promise). The house should be packed – upstairs AND downstairs! Some of those items include:
- Cottage furniture and repurposed/redesigned home/garden decor – by our new friends, the dynamic duo of Susan Schmidt & Pam Harris (of Mansfield)
- Handpainted signs by Jenni Carrino (of Burbank) – she uses shutters and other great things to express her “inner junker”!
- Herbs & perennials (for sale on the front lawn) by Becky McKinley of Bellville)
- Whimsically redesigned artwork (she uses game boards and more) by our friend Jeanne Norman (of Johnstown), as well as vintage designed belt buckles by her friend, Kathy (not sure if it’s a “C” or “K”)
- Wonderful and unique vintage/antique finds (from furniture to linens) by our dear friend, Ginny Brandt (of Mansfield)
- Primitive furniture, etc., and handcrafted birdhouses by R.T. & Mary Ann Mellor (of Mansfield – and owners of the home)
- Vintage handcrafted “lovelies” for garden or home use – by our friends, Robin Utt & Carol Lucas (of Mansfield), AND Linda Grine & Sue Bruot (of Bryan)
- Antique dolls/toys and primitives from our new friend, Janet Jerger (of Bryan)
- And…maybe more!!
- We’ve got some great volunteers to greet you, as well as help you with your purchases! (And, you know you’re gonna need help!!)
- And, what would summer be without some good ol’ fashioned lemonade? We’ll have that too!!
I guess you can tell that we’ve got a few friends that love/collect “junk” like we do – you know what they say about “birds of a feather”…………. yep…they “junk” together!
And, for your further junking/antique pleasure, (after you’ve shopped our sale of course) there is a monthly fleamarket at the local county fairgrounds (not huge, but still a stop worth making – good selection, great vendors, and bargains to be found), as well as other antique stops in the area to pick from. And, since it’s the weekend – you’ll probably be able to spot a garage sale sign or three… You can definitely make a full day of it!
If fabulous gardens are your thing (I know they’re mine…), the beautiful grounds of Kingwood Center (located just minutes west of our sale on Park Avenue West), are in full bloom, and there’s a greenhouse too!
We’ll provide a map so you can see the sights of sunny Mansfield. Here’s the website for Mansfield Convention & Visitors Bureau – just in case. Please email me if you have any other questions, and I’ll be happy to answer!
Well, it’s about time to start painting and creating…and creating and painting – oh yeah…and diving into my treasure chest (aka my basement) to see what’s there (yep – I’m sure I’ll find a “few” things that I forgot were even there – it’ll be like Christmas!).
Hope you can make it!!
It’s going to be a FABULOUS day!
Our next stop will be The Summer Market (July 29th & 30th) – on the shores of Lake Erie - in beautiful Avon Lake! It’s our first time, and we can’t wait!