Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On with the (next) show…

 

April-Terri-Kathy(An old pic…but I love it – it’s so US!!)

Hello there fellow fans of summertime…family and friend time, gardening, picnics, fleamarkets, garage sales, the warm sunshine, and SO much more!!!  I don’t care if I hear that four letter “S” word for a long, long time!

I’ve been busy getting ready for our next show.  Painting and creating, creating and painting – you understand!!  (And, I’ve had a little help from my husband, Jim – who is working his way up the junk ladder…my Junk Hunk in training!).

And, speaking of our next show, Terri and I will be heading to Elyria, Ohio very early (one of those giant cup of coffee mornings…) this coming Saturday (June 11th) to set up for the CHIC UNIQUE HOME – SALE ON THE SQUARE.  It will run from 10:00am – 5:00pm.   

chicunique1

Our fellow junker and friend, Carrin Andress, is hosting the show, and we’re so excited to be a part of it.  She has monthly occasional shows, and is expanding for the month of June to include vendors around the square.  There will be about 15-20 artists/vendors – with a wide variety of vintage/antique treasures and handcrafted items – a wonderful way to spend a Saturday, don’t ya think??

In addition to the outside vendors, Carrin’s shop, Chic Unique Home will be packed with vintage treasures and beautifully painted furniture – she’s been busy as a bee – and I’m sure has gone “over the top” to make sure everything is just right.  Her style is very sophisticated…with a little sanding around the edges too!

chicunique2

chicunique4

chicunique3

The address of her shop is 121 Middle Avenue, Elyria, Ohio  44035, and the telephone number is: 440-213-5569. 

Terri and I will have our redesigned vintage jewelry and other repurposed/renewed treasures for sale, as well as some awesome vintage/antique finds that we’ve collected through a “few” excursions this summer (aka garage sales, fleamarkets, etc…).  The “goods” have been piling up in my basement, and it’s time to bring them out into the sunlight and sell, sell, sell!! (And, I think my husband gets a little nervous when the piles get too high!!)  Did I mention we were excited???  We’re hoping to see some familiar faces, and make some new friends too – we love that part of doing shows!

Look for our sign…

sign

Here are few things I’ve been working on…

Signs…my new favorite thing!  The four at the top of the picture are actually slats from the seat of an old chair – I “harvested” them from my garden!  I just love the look of weathered wood – don’t you??  I painted a few more, but you’ll have to come to the show and see for yourself…

DSC01590

Chalkboards…a few different sizes – all have vintage frames..

DSC01608

And this one is my favorite (and completed with the help of my hubby!)…I think it was a pull-out thingie (?) from an old Hoosier cabinet or something…sorry, didn’t mean to be too technical – I just really don’t know what it’s called… It’s big though – lots of space to organize or just have fun!!

DSC01597

And it’s got a few bells and whistles…a wooden key holder, a “not-so-heavy” metal storage bin (very cool, right??), and a “JUNK” chalk tray (it is actually one of the slats from the garden chair – a perfect place to rest a few pieces of chalk – see, I didn’t waste any part of that old chair). 

And, speaking of the garden chair…here’s a pic of what is left “standing”…

DSC01612

You just can’t keep a good chair down!

Well, I hope you enjoyed a peek at what we’re doing next.  Be there or be “SQUARE” – on the square I mean…in Elyria, Ohio this Saturday, June 11th, from 10:00am to 5:00pm.

Have a wonderfully beautiful summer week!!

Kathy

NEXT:

NOSTALGIA’S COTTAGE – SECOND ANNUAL VINTAGE MARKET DAY – SATURDAY, JUNE 25TH – 9:00AM – 4:00PM AT THE HISTORIC SUSAN STURGES HOUSE, LOCATED AT 317 PARK AVENUE WEST, IN SUNNY MANSFIELD, OHIO!

DSC01459 

The house will be packed with vintage and antique treasures – from primitives and antique furniture and other fabulous finds…to redesigned/repurposed home and garden decor– redesigned jewelry and TONS more!  We’ve got some new artists/vendors (can’t wait for you to meet them), and we’re also adding herbs & perennials for sale on the front lawn, and lots more!!!  I’ll be sharing more information and photos of some of our vendors’ wares…so stay tuned.  I hope you’ve marked your calendar…

SATURDAY - JUNE 25TH from 9:00am – 4:00pm

…and can come to Mansfield for a day of treasure hunting.  Not only is our sale on that day, the local fairgrounds is having their monthly fleamarket as well.  And if you want, we’ve got a few great places to shop for more antiques – I’ll have a list/map to share.

Oh, and we’ll all be quite fashionable in vintage dresses, aprons and hats!  That’s worth the trip right there!!!

Here’s the link from last year’s show…To Market, To Market…

And, here’s my post from the JUNKMARKET Style site as well… To Market, To Market…Our First Annual Vintage Market Day

1 comment:

  1. Gosh....SURE wish I lived closer to ya'll....this weekend sounds awesome. Happy Junqueing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!