Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tis the season…for “busy”ness!!

Yikes, it’s December already!  And just like everybody out there…it seems like the year really has flown by – for me…with everyday life, shows (which means project after project after project – but that’s the fun!), wedding preparations (our daughter, Kristen is getting married this month and we’ve made the bouquets, and lots of other beautiful things – which I’ll share after the BIG day!), and now our last two shows of the year (and it’s two in one weekend!!  A little crazy…but doable!?  Gotta love it/me, right Terri???) 

Here’s the lowdown…

Friday, December 2nd – from 5:00-8:00pm – We will be at Studio 19 Hair Salon’s Customer Appreciation Event (19 E. Fourth St., Mansfield).  We will be selling our vintage redesigned/restyled jewelry – lots of “new” things to see!  The salon will also have 30% off their retail products, and then from 6-8pm they will be serving cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.  Friday night is also Downtown Mansfield’s Shop Hop with a holiday theme – stores are open later, there will be carriage rides, Santa, music and more…  So, it should be a fun night!

Here’s a bit of our bling…(and a few things for the Buckeye fans too)

DSC04037

DSC04052

DSC04361

DSC04054

DSC04396

Terri’s fabulous creation…bling gone wild!!  These are great sellers!

DSC04442

DSC04443

My watchlets – (and some actually work!)

DSC04404

AND then..

Saturday, December 3rd – from 8:30am – 4:00pm – We will be at the Ontario Community Craft Show (at the Richland County Fairgrounds in Mansfield).  We are in the Arts and Crafts Building (spaces 48 & 49).  We will have our jewelry, as well as a LOAD of fabulous upcycled vintage holiday décor and gifty things!!  This is our second year at this show – it’s their 35th annual show, and we’re happy to be a part of it!

Here’s a peek at what’s been going on in Santa’s workshop…I mean my basement…(the pics aren’t the best, but you get the idea…).  I made so much more even after these pics were taken and packed it all up last night before thinking about taking more…  I made old wooden signs from some architectural pieces, and painted a little cabinet (and I’ll probably even put together a few more things tonite…it never ends, does it??)  And, Terri has been as busy as a bee too – but I don’t pics of her things to share – but I know they will be loaded with a ton of creative holiday vintage  loveliness!!!

I “girled” up a pair of old ice skates with some fur from a coat collar, lace, keys, buttons and bells!  (two more pair are in the works)

 DSC04561

DSC04582

Doilies aren’t usually something I work with (even though I have a bunch…), but I wanted to do something with this beautiful old frame – all hand stitched – he’s one of my favorites!

DSC04528

Rag trees from an old quilt, toile and a chenille bedspread – and of course lots of bling & even black velvet buttons!  My snow “lady” is wearing her blingy best!

DSC04564

Here’s Mr. & Mrs.”Snow”

DSC04563

Hail, hail, the gang’s all here!

DSC04527

This little cutie was just dripping (and filled with) pearls…so I’d like to introduce to you “Miss Minnie Pearl”!

DSC04543

My favorite couple…a cruet set…who knew??  I’m sure it was love at first sight!

Glittery and angelic!

DSC04566

Scrabble…a few of my favorite things…

DSC04574

Some old porch posts and pinecones – these would look fabulous on a mantel!

DSC04567

Pinecones – glittered too (nothing’s safe!)  (And of course this time year…no room is safe from the remnants of a glittered project!)

DSC04581

This “crown” of bits and pieces of dried branches, etc…painted white and snow glittered – it could be a centerpiece or a tree topper, or…  I put a “candleholder” made from a mason jar, glued atop a clear thrift store bud vase (for some height), and sprayed with a little sparkly snow.  I’m using a battery-operated tealight inside for the show to help set the holiday mood! 

DSC04580

Here’s the silver glittered “crown”

A little “faux” lighting…

DSC04571

Here’s a “before” pic – everything was hot glued to a cardboard ring that I covered in burlap.

DSC04524

I’ve decided that the trees are my favorite…or maybe the snow people, or maybe…darn it’s hard to choose!

DSC04586

A close up!

DSC04585

Like I said, I made even more after this (and Terri’s got lots too), so will share pics from the show later…

Have a great weekend and wishing you all a wonderful Christmas season, and be sure to not let all the “busyness” get in the way of the reason for the season.

God bless,

Kathy

P.S.  for a few of my friends – if you click on the picture you can see it full size! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!