Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pickin’ and Grinnin’–Texas Style

 

DSC04749

I just visited a blogging friend’s site and had to share her southern style wit and junkin’ inspiration with my little bit of the blogging world.  Her name is Deb, and she’s got a way of making a point, or telling a story, that’ll have you in stitches…really!  I haven’t had enough time to do much roaming around the blogging world lately, but this is one stop that I try to make every now and again – Deb just has a way with words – a gift – really and truly, cross my heart and hope to junk!

DSC04677

I don’t know if you’re a fan of “American Pickers” or “Picker Sisters”, but there’s this husband and wife team (aka Deb and Cat Daddy) in Texas who are ready to make quite a stir in the world of pickin’  (actually, they already are, but if they hit Hollywood…y’all better watch out!).  These two put the “real” in reality, and the “junk” in the trunk – so what’s not to love!!?!

Here’s the link - her blog is called Talking Trash…and she does!!  I know you’ll enjoy the read (and want to become a follower), and you’ll absolutely want to know when the first episode will “air” – I do believe she’s ready for her “close up”!!

talking-trash-button-200x200

Stay tuned…like our old friend Snoopy…

they’ve got a nose for pickin’ (she said it, I didn’t!!)

DSC04992

Happy trails,

Kathy

P.S.  And, if you’re an Ohio blogger, be sure to let her know we’ve got great junk in Ohio too – I’m campaigning for an episode!! (wink wink)  And, I’ve got some dusty cowboy boots to wear for the occasion!!

DSC04845

4 comments:

  1. Kathy...now tell me again who has a way with words...'cause you just said a mouthful and rendered me speechless!
    The way I see it...it's just not about the hunt, but more about the characters (insert your name here) that we get to meet along the way. They're the real story and can be guaranteed for two things upon delivery. One...they always make me smile out loud and two...they always have a tale about the one that got away.
    My post started out tongue-in-cheek, but the more I think about it, the more I think one of us should have a show. You make it happen and chickie...I promise you up and down...you're my first stop!
    Thank you so much for the support and love you always send my way.
    XOXO
    Debbie or as my friends like to call me...Trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments about my studio!
    I love Deb's blog....her post on pickin' was so funny....I loved it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! It was so sweet of you to pop in for a visit! Have a blessed day!